Trends for Spring that Don't Cost a Thing


I just received my newest Anthropologie catalogue in the mail, and of course I am in love with all the clothes. But it's not really in my budget to buy anything new this Spring, so luckily I found many ideas and inspirations in this mailer that I can use in my existing wardrobe to give me an updated look. 
For example, in the photo above I just love the way they used a silk scarf and made it look current again. Even with the pearls here it doesn't look old fashioned at all! Time to pull out an old stored scarf and try this look!


Another look I liked was how they belted this sundress. I have a few summer dresses like this, and although belting a dress is not a novel idea, it's just not something I immediately think to do. Belted dresses were all over the runway this Spring...

Ruffian Spring 2010 Ready to Wear

Antonio Marras Spring 2010 Ready to Wear

Oscar de la Renta Spring 2010 Ready to Wear

Yves Saint Laurent Spring 2010 Ready to Wear

Leonard Paris, Spring 2010 Ready to Wear

Moschino Cheap & Chic Spring 2010 Ready to Wear

Cynthia Rowley Spring 2010 Ready to Wear

Carolina Herrera Spring 2010 Ready to Wear

Christian Siriano (yes, that Christian Siriano from Project Runway!) Spring 2010 Ready to Wear

Peter Som Spring 2010 Ready to Wear

 And speaking of sundresses, the one shown below over skinny jeans looks so cute! Two more looks I can add to my wardrobe this Spring without having to buy a thing!



And I will probably take some of my existing jeans and do a big cuff like this above, where they just rolled it up once. I think this looks so cute. Again, not a novel idea, just something I forget to do....



And I am needing something new to do with my hair. I am so boring and since it's long, I always end up putting it back in a pony-tail. I am going to incorporate some braids, like these shown above. I am almost 40, but a few months ago I was feeling gutsy and wore two braids down low, Pocahontas style, and guess what. I got carded at my local Grocery Store buying wine. THAT is reason ENOUGH for me to wear more braids. (and check out the runway pic from Oscar de la Renta's Spring show above: braided hair!)
And another trend from the Spring Runways: Colour on the lips. And it too is somethingI already own: Red Lipstick. I personally think that the old saying that you shouldn't wear red lipstick after 35 is baloney. Look at the Red Carpet!  Go for it.



all three images from the Christian Dior Spring 2010 Ready to Wear Show
I love that little pop of purple on her lids too! Colour, Colour!! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...