Still Having Greek Love...


I have the greek bug and I can't get it out of my system. I don't think it's a recent thing, I remember in 8th grade, which was roughly 26 years ago I did a roman profile in clay, modeled after a greek original. Maybe that's where it started. And while I collect mostly porcelain and pottery, like the pitcher above, every time I see something with greek figures/art I go bonkers. Here are some recent ones I really, really LIKE -alot!





The above three gorgeous vases are from a recent trip to Nick Brock Antiques in Dallas. The above two are vases, probably from the 1940's - 1950's that are made into lamps. Speaking of greek vases made into lamps, I spotted another great looking one at Tom Stansbury Antiques in Newport Beach, California, shown below.


So this was in the front of the store, but when you travel through the back patio, there is a little house you enter into that has a room full of art. Oh, that was fun. Tons of original prints, including greek art! 






And this is a little illustration I tore out of a magazine about 3 years ago ( I wish I could remember which one) and I had it on my bulletin board forever. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...