Hot Pink + Orange = Intoxicatingly Beautiful


We hosted a party for our school at our house this week, and since all the food and beverages were graciously donated, all I had to do was clean the house! Well, to me that meant cleaning AND adding flowers, because the weather here is FINALLY PERFECT and I was in the Spring mood....
I found these gorgeous roses at a local florist. I have always loved the orange and pink colour combination, and so I just added some kumquats for more colour, moved a clamshell filled with coral that I usually have sitting outside, and spread it all on my breakfast table below. I love the way it turned out.


The curtains in my breakfast nook are Pottery Barn, and I added trim to the sides. To make the cornice, I just ordered one more panel, and had the workroom wrap it around the wood. I bought a few yards of ribbon and glued it on top of the cornice board to make the decorative design. The bamboo shades are mail-order from Smith & Noble. They give really clear directions on how to measure your windows, and I installed it myself. Each of the antique seascape paintings were under $90 and the birdcage is from my favourite Consignment Store, Brant Laird's Consignment Heaven.




I had LOTS of extra kumquats so I filled a vase with them and continued the pink and orange theme outside on the patio, but added some blue too. I wish it could always look like this. It's usually dusty, dirty and there's swimming toys and goggles everywhere. So I will relish this look for a few more days then get back to reality! (The table above is the result of some serious brainstorming -- I couldn't figure out a layout since this patio is a LOT smaller than this picture makes it look. So I bought the iron garden tables at Lowe's for $7.00 each (yes, can you believe that?) and went to a Stone Yard and shopped their remnant/scrap yard and bought the slab of Crema Marfil for a 1/3 of the regular price. The furniture and curtain hardware is Pottery Barn, from about 3 years ago.)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...