File: My Favourites




So this is what my Photo Album looks like on my computer. Not my personal one, but the files I keep for my design inspirations. Except that at last count I think I had over 5,000 images filed away in my design folders. That makes me either sound like a total nerd, or a total obsessive compulsive, which I hope I am neither. It's so easy for me with iPhoto to file and name each photo that this is what I also do for my family pictures, year by year. One of my folders is just entitled "Things I like". I don't try and separate those into other categories, and they change and rotate all the time. I thought I'd pull a few pictures from that folder and share...

These shoes from Fendi this Spring were in every magazine, but no matter, I still think even though they are already over-exposed, that they are incredible and gorgeous!!! Maybe I'll look on Ebay in 2 years for someone's cast-offs....

A circa 1960's Diamond and gold ring that was shown a while back on 1st Dibs... I can't seem to delete this picture from my folder. It is incredible.

This outfit from Rodarte REALLY speaks to me. If I ever loose 50 pounds and am stick pencil thin, maybe I'll try to pull off this kind of look...Until then, I am keeping this photo also.

Another incredible thing from 1st Dibs, this time vintage 1940's Torch Sconces....These just are incredible. INCREDIBLE!!

This a fashion shot from a Vogue, taken in October of 1959. Wow. It is really current and glamorous, isn't it???

Aerin Lauder's house in the 2006 issue of Elle Decor. Masculine and Feminine at the same time. I love it.

While I don't wear Ralph Lauren, I always love his clothes. This reminds me of a 1920's flapper dress and I especially love the way he put a cardigan over a formal dress. And there is something soft and luxurious about this colour too!

A gorgeous gold and diamond snake ring from 1st Dibs

And this STUNNING Cartier Panther and Emerald brooch. If I could replicate this into a wallpaper and line my walls in this image, I would!

This circa 1930's Art Deco Red Satin Handbag is and was ahead of it's time...

These vintage crystal Sconces (c.1940's) from 1st Dibs just make me happy to look at.

A runway piece from Ungaro 2008

And this ostrich clutch from Bodhi Bags is just so adorable. It also comes in a great orange colour too. 

This snapshot of 1930's movie stars from Marion Davies' costume party is a favourite 

And for some reason this image is a favourite of mine too...
Well, theres a few more things still in this photo folder....but it feels good to get these out there. They are too pretty not to share!! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...