My Goodies & Bargains from My Round Top Trip

And about that trip I took to Round Top.... I am finally getting around to taking and posting pics of my goodies, and the scores of my girlfriend who went with me. You know we brought a big pick-up truck down there, just in case, and it was a good decision, because my VERY FIRST purchase there was a sofa! (for resale incase any of you are interested! Complete with linen slipcover!)



Speaking of furniture, I also purchased this office desk chair covered in old suzani fabric.  It replaced the mid-century modern chrome chair that looked okay, but was totally uncomfortable (shown here)... I love my new chair and the new look! It was like it brought in a bit of freshness in this dark room.






The dealer at the show had lots of gorgeous chairs for sale, other office chairs as well as arm-chairs. I loved the bright ones best, but knew that the one I picked would look best in our room.



I didn't buy these two chairs shown above, but had to show them off because they are so gorgeous.



But what I did get was these two bolster pillows above and the two silk pillows below. They are just incredible with all the detail and the vibrancy of the colours. The lady who makes them sprinkles a little lavender inside them too, so they all smell delicious.... These are not for me for keeps, and will be used by a client in the future -hopefully!




I also got this "Wedding Cake" Chandelier, that is from the early 1900's. It is exactly what I have been looking for -- for a long time. I had previously lost out on a couple of them on Ebay, but I'm lucky because this one was cheaper and prettier...the crystals are all old and original. I just plopped them all in the kitchen sink filled with soapy water, and being very careful (*wink, Terri) I cleaned them successfully without breaking a one. 


My mom has been looking for antique fish plates for a long time, and so when I saw these, I called her straight from the dealers booth and asked her if she wanted them. I had to describe them to her, and she bought them, but still hasn't seen them. So mom, what do you think? Do you like them? Because they're yours! ☺


I replaced my non-descript mirror on my dressing table with the one I found here, which is an original 1940's vanity mirror on a lucite stand. This side of the mirror is in perfect condition, but the magnified side shows some age. That's okay, at my age you don't want to see yourself that close-up anyways. 


The same dealer who had the mirror also made jewelry. I couldn't help it and bought two of her pieces. They are not real gold, they're costume pieces, but I think they are both gorgeous, especially when worn together. The one above is two pieces of quartz on a gold-tone linked-chain and it is made in the lariat style. The one below, also a lariat, has two vintage mink tails on the bottom. I LLLLOOOVE them!



Speaking of all things that are gold and glitters, she also had this fabulous vintage ice bucket. It seems so disco to me, but I think it's fabulous. And to go along with that Kelly Wearstler vibe, I also got two matching vintage brass & glass tables (shown below) that are heavy and totally chic. I don't know who's hands these things will end up in, but if you're interested, let me know! 




And for good measure, this dealer threw in this little shell lamp set on lucite that I had been eyeing. I don't even think I'll use it as a lamp; I think it looks lovely just as is!


I did find these two wooden statue style men, also on lucite stands. These are not going to resale...I am keeping these for myself. I love how they look like they are carrying on a conversation with each other!


I also got these gorgeous alabaster lamps, also set on lucite (if you read my post earlier in the week, you'll remember how much I love acrylic.) I know I will have a client in the future that these will be perfect for!



This gorgeous vase with the gold greek-key trim I purchased for myself...and bought it from a dealer from Dallas, all places!


I also fell in love with the alabaster pieces above and below. I collect alabaster, so whenever I see a piece that is well-priced, a.k.a. inexpensive, I pick it up to add to my collection.  I think the one below is my new favourite.




This is one of those things that intrigued me so much, I couldn't resist it. It is the 12 tribes of Israel and their stones. I think the man told me it was meant to be worn as a breast plate. I don't know if I will end up keeping it myself or selling it in the future, but for now, I am going to see how I like it in my house. I hung it up on a mirror, shown here. I think it is so interesting it might just end up staying in my house. It makes me happy when I look at it.


I also purchased these Coronation cups and plates. They are from King George & Elizabeth and Queen Elizabeth's coronations. I have always been fascinated with English history and paraphernalia, and I know other people are too. These are quite collectible and I plan to sell these. Any takers? There are 3 plates and four cups, none matching. Come on, buy them! Instant collection started! ☺


I purchased these as birthday presents for two women I know. They both have their initials already on them! They're of course vintage grain-sacks, but I am going to open up the bottom and side hems and make them into table runners for my friends. 



These two birds were bought as a pair. Both of them for $38. (I may have purchased a lot, but anyone that knows me knows how thrifty I am and how I never pay top dollar for anything. I love a bargain more than almost anyone I know!) Anyways,  I was with my friend Dona while shopping and as I bought these, I told her to pick one and declare these as our friendship birds. I have the amethyst one on the top, and she has the jade one shown above. Aren't they both just gorgeous? Sitting on their Quartz Crystal perches.... Speaking of my friend Dona, she got a few bargains as well. I am going to show you her finds too, and they are all below!


Believe it or not, but the stand and the crystal were not originally meant to be together. The dealer had them separately and he was right, they DO look like they were meant to be together! Good Score, Dona!


I had this shown on the post I did about our trip. Isn't is gorgeous? It is an antique souvenir made from shells. I've never seen one with a bronze figure included though.


She also bought this fabulous metal sculpture set on a marble base. I think it is so elegant yet strong. And it looks great in her gorgeous house! She's like me, we both only do bargains, and this was one of those awesome deals.



She purchased the two paintings above for such a steal, and we are going to reframe them both and they will look incredible. I will have to show you what they look like when we get that done!



These were the other art pieces she bought for her home. I think these are great with their original matte boards and frames, and the sea-shells in the corners of the framed piece (shown first) are just so cute. 


And the bargain of the day goes to this gorgeous vintage gilt bracket. It is much larger than it appears in this picture, and the small ones  (around 4") are usually a couple hundred dollars. So when we saw this one, which is probably at least 12-18" wide and at least that long too, at about $200 we knew that this would be a good price. So we quickly snatched it up. Not 15 minutes later, and maybe 5 booths down the way, did we see one just like it -- except less bright and smaller too. And they were asking $1200 for it. Yes!! Can you believe that?? So when I say we are good shoppers, I'm not kidding! But funny how that old "look how much I saved you" excuse doesn't work with the husband's anymore....

All in all, a fun, great trip. I got a few special pieces for myself, I will sell a lot of great pieces and save my clients money with good bargains, and most of all, fun bonding time with girlfriends doing what we do best--shopping. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...