Chinese Marionettes


So I was at one of my favourite local antique stores about 3 months ago, Antique Row, and tucked up in a corner of a shelf, I saw these two asian puppets sitting there. Talk about tunnel vision, it was like I was in a trance walking towards them. There was something about them, that I was really fascinated by. I had NEVER seen anything like it! These guys were OLD, not in perfect condition, but had their hands and feet and the needle work and embroidery on their silk gowns was exquisite. 


I had no idea where to put these puppets, but I decided I would put them in a powder room. I ordered some plastic brackets for $10 from Ebay and here they sit. I think my husband thinks they're creepy and that I've lost it. But look below at the detail with all the gold thread!



So, after never ever seeing anything like them, guess what I see the next day at another antique place?? Yes, two of them, standing up in cases.


But here's the kicker. I paid a little over $100 for mine. These were listed at over $1,500. Like I told my husband, I ain't no dummy! (get it? creepy puppets? dummy?)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...