Special Surprise


I bought this antique Greek Vase a few months back (a great bargain for $42). The first thing I always do is fill up the sink with soapy water and wash my new wares. Well, I wasn't quite thinking and put this in really hot water. Needless to say, I cracked it  immediately. Ugh! But that wasn't the surprise. I found shoved inside a piece of folded up paper, which looked to have been inside for maybe a century or so. Once I told my 8 year old son, he was on the job. He wouldn't stop until it was in his hands, and it took him a good hour. He used chopsticks, skewers, his fingers...and he finally removed it! This is what it was:


... A name and address from Avignon, France. Oh, you would of thought that my 8 year-old son found the treasure of all treasures. I told him that it was probably a gift to this woman, at the turn of the century. So we went on Google Maps and looked up the address. We saw a virtual picture of the street where this greek-style vase once lived! Okay, that was pretty cool. My son wants to keep this. My vase is cracked, but this was a fun discovery and made this little bargain a treasure to me. And him.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...