Arrangements Made From Your Tree

photo: Keith Scott Morton for The Collector's Eye by Christine Churchill

Branches in a vase is so simple, but it's a concept I am guilty of over-looking. It's just not something I immediately think of when I want a striking floral arrangement, I always think of flowers first. But, there's no argument that it can and does make a gorgeous statement. I started putting some branches in a blue&white porcelain vase that sits on a pedestal, in my dining room. I can't believe it took me 2 years to think to do it in the first place! On a smaller scale, I used leftover Seeded Eucalyptus branches in a small silver creamer (shown here, from a previous post). I learned not to throw away the trashy "stock" that grocery stores include in their bouquets, because grouped together on their own, they look quite lovely. Don't ya think?

Of course blooming branches (such as Red Bud, Forsythia, Dogwood) are available in Spring, and are great options to use. But there are other branches you can use, that you can literally cut off a tree, and make gorgeous arrangements. Common ones to try would be Oak, Magnolia, Maple, Japanese Maple, and Palm. After our big snow storm, there are tons of branches on every corner, stacked in piles where I can go grab any kind I want. I haven't done it though....yet! 

Paris Interior/ICONS/PARIS STYLE/TASCHEN/photos Deidi Von Schaewen

Kathryn Scott/Brooklyn Heights/newyorksocialdiary.com

photo: Keith Scott Morton for The Collector's Eye by Christine Churchill

image: a212

Design by Monique Waque/ Merrell Books

Elle Decor, December 2009

Elle Decor, December 2009

Elle Decor, December 2009

Elle Decor, December 2009

Elle Decor, December 2009
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...