The Holiday Hallmark Invented

Or at least that's what my husband likes to call it. ♥Valentine's Day♥  My husband & I exchange something small, usually a card, but for the most part, most of my Valentine's Day Holiday revolves around getting together 50 cards or goodie bags for the kid's parties at school.


Two Christmas ago, I found Santa Versions of this old fashioned game for my boys. They were obsessed! We brought it out again this holiday season, and when the glass in one broke, my son was crushed. So when I found a Valentine version for them, I was super-excited! I can't wait to give it to them. It's one of those blessed toys that doesn't make noise. 


This little framed vintage print is what I am giving my husband. (I'm safe, because he doesn't read this blog! Or does he?) I found it at an Antique Mall, and thought it was super sweet.


So, to get the kids attended to. I went to Michael's Craft Store and bought some small red paper bags, and the traditional doily hearts.



While there, I bought some gum-balls, sweethearts, gummy hearts, soft peppermint chews, and of course some peppermint PEEPS! (But I had to laugh when I saw the photo I snapped of the sweethearts above - why is it that practically the only sayings on here are just "pay day" and "oh boy"?? LAME!)


I poured them into bowls, and proceeded to fill 50 plastic bags with the treats. OY. This takes a while! I found some adorable sweetheart ribbon, which I tied around the bag, and then I put them all in the red paper sack. At this point, I am asking myself why did I decide that this needed two bags? No answer.


And, my sweet dear friend - and my son's Godmother - has a company, The Social Note,  that makes the greatest personalized stationary, including personalized Valentine's cards and stickers (which I used) for kids. I love the one I picked out, of course it's all boy and all Star Wars! Go here to see her great assortment of personalized cards, notepads and gifts.


While I was at Michael's, I found these awesome preserved roses on sale for $2.99 each - Score! I have posted in the past about preserved flowers here and here, so I decided to purchase some and make my own arrangements.


Instead of using the red, pink and white roses together in one arrangement, I decided to split them up and do three separate monochromatic arrangements. I grabbed a silver creamer and put the red ones in it, shown above. 



I had a tiny mason jug in which I put the white roses. In case you can't tell in the photograph, these are totally soft to the touch, just like a fresh rose petal. Preserved flowers are real flowers, not fake, that have been chemically preserved or freeze-dried. But they will never wilt, fade, or die! $2.99 a stem for roses that last forever?! What a bargain!



And because I love my son's teachers so much, I bought them a little sussie, nothing expensive or fancy. I found these at a local antique mall, already wrapped and ready to go - little porcelain hearts and knick-knacks. Too cute!!


... And I had to try some of the candy while putting these together of course. Have you ever tried a peppermint PEEP? Oh... My... Goodness.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...