Bold Black & White Backdrops




This is just one of those posts that kind of develop on their own. I think I had saved one or two of these images 5 months ago, and then suddenly I kept coming across more and more of them: fashion shots with really graphic black&white backdrops! I saw them on-line, and in catalogues in my mail. Who knew that this was so common? I didn't, and it's been a steady theme since the 1920's.....These are really fun to look at, Enjoy!

THEN:

1920's

Cecil Beaton for Vogue, 1940's

Hermès Dress by Gordon Parks, 1952

Model Jean Patchett wearing Valentina, 1950

Nini Ricci couture by Mark Shaw 1961

NOW:


Dress: Roberto Cavalli


Dress: Rodarte

Dress: Dries Van Norten
First image and all 5 images above: Backdrop painted by artist Ruben Toledo, Photographer: Ruven Afanador for Nordstrom
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...