My Favorite Hair Products

The History of my hair is quite extensive. I am not shy to experiment with color or cuts. Although I was born blonde, and have been blonde most my life, over the years I have also been a brunette and a red-head. My hair has been light brown, dark brown, black, auburn, and red. When I met my husband it was dark red. When the movie Ghost came out, I had long blonde hair, but was inspired by Demi Moore's cute cut. So I died my hair her color, a dark chestnut brown, and cut it in a boy-style cut.

So needless to say, I  need products that really take care of my hair! I thought I'd share my favorite ones. I love when people tell me what products they really love, so I am going to do the same.


Click Image to Enlarge. Clockwise from Top Left:

Bumble & Bumble Leave In Conditioner.  I first tried this about 10 years ago, when my stylist used to put it on the ends of my hair before he'd blow-dry it. I think it is a great No-Rinse Conditioner. I have a travel size and it lasts me a very, very long time. Available here.

Kerastase Reflection Chroma Protect.  When my current stylist first got Kerastase Products in about 7 years ago, I became instantly hooked. I started using their pink line about 2 years ago, and this is a very light conditioner that I leave in my hair after shampooing. It smells so incredible. Very Fresh.
Available here.

Kerastase Nutritive Masquintense. This masque is supposed to be used once or twice a week, as a deep conditioning treatment, but I use it everyday as my daily conditioner. It also smells great, and lasts for a long time, as only a little dab is needed. Available here.

Loreal Paris Elnett Satin.  I started using this about 5 years ago, back when my hairdresser had to smuggle it in from France. Apparently the aerosol of the French didn't meet with the US code or something. Anyways, it does now and I think is the best hairspray. Available here.

Bumble and Bumble Styling Lotion.  This is like the old-fashioned styling lotion our mothers used in the 1960's with their velcro rollers. I spray it in the roots for lift, but you can use it throughout your hair to hold a style. Available here.

Kerastase Resistance Bain Volumactive.  This is a great volume building shampoo, and is gentle on the hair. All the Kerastase products are worth the price. Available here.

Oscar Blandi Protein Mist for Restyling Hair. Oscar Blandi is my new-found favorite hair product. My good friend went to the Emmy's and brought me home an extra gift bag, of which some Oscar Blandi products were inside. I spray this on my hair when I don't want to wash it again, but want to blow-dry it again. It dampens it and refreshes it with the sweetest smell. Available here.

Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Serum.  I use this at night before I go to bed, on my dry hair, just on the ends. Also sometimes I put it on the ends after I wash my hair. I used it for about 2 months before my hairdresser commented on the healthiness of my hair. He said he had never seen my ends so healthy. I told him I had been putting coconut milk serum on it and he said to keep up whatever I'm doing. All of a sudden now this is hard to find. Organix makes a Shea Butter serum and a Silk Protein serum too. I've tried both and don't like them at all. I find them greasy where I find this one light. Available here.

Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo. Ahhh, I saved the best for last. This was also in the Emmy gift bag, and has become my new best friend. My hair is fine, and as my color grows out, the roots are flat and limp. I used to use baby powder to thicken up my part-line and roots, but this is so much better. First, the pointed applicator makes it go exactly where you want it. Also, it smells like lemons! It brushes clean and gives my roots bounce and lift. My new "can't live without it" product. Available here.

(Not Shown: I did a post earlier about Morocco and this incredible light-weight hair treatment called Moroccan Oil. To read more about it, go here.)


WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE HAIR PRODUCT? I'M ALWAYS WANTING TO TRY NEW ONES...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...