Cleaning and Arranging

Today I have been cleaning all day, and decided to finally take the flowers out of the sink and arrange them. The sun from the window above my kitchen sink really opened up the roses and they will be perfect (hopefully) for tomorrow's Thanksgiving lunch.  I did place two huge branches from a Maple tree, with gorgeous bright orange and red leaves, in a vase in the corner of my dining room yesterday. When I went in there this morning, they were all dead. Oh well, I'm just leavin it. (Ohhhh, sorry. Bad pun).


I gathered all the leftover Seeded Eucalyptus and placed them in this silver creamer that I purchased last month at a consignment shop. I figured the kid's table needs something pretty too, right? This is probably the easiest, and prettiest arrangement I've done!


For the kids, I lined their table in white butcher paper, and put out little cups of crayons so they can draw. I am considering leaving white butcher paper on the table full-time now. It looks so good and is so easy!


I put one bunch of tulips in my favorite pitcher for the powder bath. I found this pitcher about 3 months ago at one of my favorite consignment shops in Dallas, Consignment Heaven. It is bisque and the hound dog is the handle, and there are pheasant and game all around the pitcher.


I inherited this little silver-plate trophy that once belonged to a great-great. It is an award for the most beautiful filling station in Oklahoma City,  1922.  I love it. The hot pink roses are from my yard.




I made four little pots of mixed flowers, all bought from the Supermarket. I put in Tulips, Roses, Mums, Sunflowers, and Eucalyptus. I have them surrounding a middle arrangement and gourds and mini-pumpkins scattered all round the grouping.


Off to go relax now.  The calm before the Storm. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...