Fall Feathers

Feathers made some runway debuts this season.  They are very popular now, and have always been, at least in Fashion! I think I had some feather earrings when I was about 11. I wore them with my concert t-shirts and Member's Only Jacket. I remember this outfit vividly... I can think of some more sophisticated options than the ones I purchased at the State Fair WAY back when.... Like any of these perhaps.

Valentino Fall 2009 Couture
Manolo Blahnik Bootie, Fall 2009

Long diamond feather earrings, M.L.Brown/1st Dibs


Hermes Paris 18k gold feather brooches, c. 1950's. Neil Marrs/ 1st Dibs

"Plume Tresse" by Boucheron Paris, 1958. Hollis Reh & Shariff/ 1st Dibs

Graeme Black Fall 2009 Ready to Wear
Minnie Feather Pumps by Pedro Garcia available at Net-A-Porter

These shoes are so expensive but I think they are so pretty to look at. That pin on the grosgrain ribbon is such an unexpected detail.

Pedro Garcia shoes available at Neiman Marcus


Quill graphite pencil available at Anthropologie

I have a graphite pencil like this, but it is shaped as a hand. I leave it out as decoration, but I do put a pad of paper next to it. This would make a great gift.

Feather Bookmark available at Anthropologie

Also a good gift idea for a reader is this dainty bookmark. I suppose you could also use it as a charm on a necklace or bracelet.

Quill Flatware available at Pottery Barn

I can only imagine a fall table-scape set with this quill flatware. Pheasant Feathers for the floral arrangement and old ironstone turkey plates. Pottery Barn has great seasonal pieces every year, and their store gives me great ideas on how to set my table or add festive decorative accents around the house. The faux-acorns they sell truly look like the real thing. Try them in bowls with votives.
Marabou Clutch available at J. Crew

Lana Turner, 1940's

Reem Acra

Photograph: Sievers Wolfgang, 1947

Audrey Hepburn 1952

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...