Are You Making a Point?

I heard once someone say that the eyebrow is the exclamation point for the face. I have always remembered this! I've read that blondes should have their brows slightly darker than their hair, and brunettes should have their brows one shade lighter than their hair. I almost never wear make-up during the day/week (save for concealer and bronzer) but I always groom my brows, and fill in sparse spots with pencil. The older a woman gets the thinner her brows become, and the way to regain some youth as we approach and go beyond 40, is to have a fuller brow again. Fuller doesn't mean darker or a heavy line, it means fuller! The best way to achieve that effect is 1. To not over-pluck... and 2. To use a brush to fill in with a powder.  Here are my favorite eyebrow products that I use on a regular basis:

 Clockwise, from Top Left:

1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyebrow Stencils: I know it sounds silly, and that's how I felt when I used these stencils, but it really gives you a good foundation of how to create a good shape for your eye, and most importantly, to have your two eyebrows match in shape. It is too easy to make the left different than the right, even one wrong pluck can make a difference! Available here.

2. Chanel's Le Crayon Sourcils Precision Brow Definer: I have used this pencil for almost 2 decades. I like how it has the brush on the end. It is a soft pencil, so a little goes a long way. And they have a great taupe color that work well for blondes as well as brunettes. Available here.

3. Anastasia Beverly Hills Tweezers: I started using Anastasia's tweezers after I lost my Tweezerman's. I really like them. They are very precise and last a long time. I had the privilege of meeting Anastasia at a Beauty event this year, and she is very personable, witty and knowledgeable. Available here.

4. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Brush: What I like about this brush is that it has the spiral on one side, but on the opposite side it has the applicator that is angled for powders. The angle really allows you to be precise. I also use this side to apply shadow as an eye-liner and I sometimes use the spiral brush on the other end to brush out my eyelashes after I apply mascara. Make sure to wash your cosmetic brushes once a week, if you use them regularly. Available here.

5. Maybelline Twin Brow Pencils: At $3.49 for two pencils, this buy can't be beat. This is what I use on a daily basis, and I really like it. They have good colors, and although the pencil itself is a little less soft than the Chanel one, I think it lasts all day long. Available here.

6. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo: This is what I turn to when I want to take my time getting ready and achieve a natural looking full brow. This gives you a really soft look, and I suppose I could use it daily, but I try to keep my make-up routine to less than 3 minutes (unless I'm going out, then I spend 45 minutes. I guess I'm an "all or nothing" gal). Chanel also makes a great powder for brows. Available here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...