My Favorite Beauty Products

I have a lot of friends that buy really high-end cosmetics. Although I do like some of the more expensive products, the majority of mine come from the Drug Store.  I like to simplify my errands. I try to avoid Shopping Malls when I can, and if I can pick up my paper towels and my make-up in the same store, it makes things easier for me. Also, I think cosmetic companies have really improved their qualities. The one product I seem to experiment with the most is Lip Balm/Lip Gloss. I will pick up lip balm or gloss anywhere that sells it. At the car wash checkout, and the Supermarket checkout....I am always buying a new one. I keep them in my car, my nightstand, my desk drawer, my purse....it's bordering compulsive!


Click on Image to Enlarge. Clockwise from Top Left:


Neutrogena Mineral Sheers. This is Neutrogena's mineral collection make-up, and it is richly pigmented with color and seems to last on my skin for quite a long time. Since I try to keep my make-up routine to under 3 minutes, I like how the brush and the blush are all one piece. And it travels well, as it has a lid. I keep an extra one in my car. Available here.

Chanel Aqualumiere Sheer Colour Lip Shine SPF 15. This gives a semi-transparent color to your lips and feels very light-weight. I don't have to use a lot to get color, so one tube lasts me forever. And what's great about this is the double duty of sunscreen built in.  I love Chanel lipsticks. That is one thing I will splurge on. They smell like roses, and the color selection is the best. They have really nice reds to choose from. Available here.

Christian Dior Eyeshadow. A friend of mine gave me the best eyeshadow color palette two years ago for Christmas, and it was by Christian Dior. I have been using their eyeshadow for years though. They are also high in pigment so you don't have to layer and layer the color on. Also, they have great neutrals. Available here.

Chanel Jous Contraste Powder Blush. I have been using this blush for about 25 years now. In fact, I still have my Tempting Beige color from the late eighties, and they still make it. The Mocha and Rose Petal are nice, and for a pink blush, the Narcisse is great. I put that on the apples of my cheeks. Like their lipsticks, the Chanel Blush's have the same feminine rose scent. And if your'e going to pull out a compact at the dinner table, why not make it a pretty one? Available here.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer.  I don't wear foundation, but this is the closest I will come. It is a tinted moisturizer. I have tried other brands, and I like this one best. It has a Retinol treatment, a SPF of 20, and an oil-free moisturizer.  I have two colors, one for the winter and one for the summer. Although it is sheer, it does seem to even out my skin tone, and it actually gives it a soft glow. I have used this since they came out with it. Available here.

CoverBlend by Exuviance Multi-Function Concealer. This is hands down my favorite concealer I've ever used. Like the skin enhancer, I keep two shades, depending on how tan/pale my skin is. I use this under my eyes, blemishes, wherever and it does not crease or make me break out. It also has a SPF of 15. A little goes a long way, so my tubes have lasted forever. Available here.

Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara.  No wonder this won Allure Magazine's Editor's Choice Award. I really like this mascara. The best advice I ever received about applying mascara, came from an Oprah show about 10-15 years ago. I remember she had Cindy Crawford on, promoting her book on beauty. Crawford said that every time before you apply mascara, you should wipe the brush off with a kleenex. It looks like you are taking off all the mascara, but trust me, this works. There is still plenty on there, and you will never have a clump or spider lashes again if you do this. Available here.

Burt's Beeswax Lip Balm. Hands down, my favorite lip balm ever. It has peppermint in it, so it leaves a nice tingle, and keeps your lips from being chapped or dry. I must have 10 laying around everywhere, so it is always in hands reach to me. I put it under lipstick, over lipstick, before bed, when I wake up, I guess I'm addicted! Available here.

Neutrogena Clean Lash Tint. Although I really like the Covergirl Lash Blast, this is my favorite mascara.  It really is more like a tint. You couldn't make this goopy even if you tried. It makes my lashes look so long, to the point that when I wear this, people comment on my lashes, even asking what mascara I wear. It also doesn't flake off into my eyes, as it was originally made for contact lenses wearers. Also, what I like about this is that you can re-apply hours later, as it doesn't leave your lashes stiff. They remain soft. Not for making lashes thick looking though. Available here.

Physicians Formula Solar Powder Bronzer. Best for last. This is my favorite bronzer, and I have been using bronzers since 1984. There are several reasons why I like this best. First, unless  you have super super dry skin, I don't like bronzers that have a sparkle in them. I like mine to be matte. Also, this one has 3 shades of bronzer, and when you use a big brush (not the one that comes with it) you get a really natural glow on your face. But the best thing about this is that it has a SPF of 20, so instead of me using a separate sunscreen before I put on my make-up, I use this as my sunscreen. It's lightweight, hypoallergenic, and fragrance free. And it's around $12.50. What's not to love? Available here.

I can't forget my favorite Eyebrow Products, which I posted about earlier here.


Click on Image to Enlarge or Click Here to Read Post

PLEASE SHARE YOUR FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCT!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...