Let The Good Times Roll

I had a great time last night, getting together with friends, old and new. My dear friend who moved to Los Angeles two years ago was in town for the Holidays. She, along with about 9 other gals, came over for some food, music and drink. I went to the Whole Foods supermarket and bought all the food and flowers and assembled it a few hours before everyone arrived.



I thought these cabbage heads looked so beautiful with the roses, hydrangea and berries.



All of the flowers were bought at the supermarket. I love one stop shopping.

While at Whole Foods, I purchased some of their cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes. I decided to make sandwiches, so I spread some on each bun and topped with smoked turkey. They were soooo delicious.



I purchased a goat cheese log rolled in pistachios and cranberries, some goose liver pȃté, parmesan cheese and brie. I used a star cookie cutter to cut out the pumpernickel bread into little shapes, and a bell shaped cookie cutter for the grain bread. Then I added apples, grapes, crackers and it was all done.


Hummus always tastes better with a little paprika sprinkled on top and a squeeze of fresh lemon. While at the supermarket, I came across yellow carrots. I have never seen yellow ones before! They were good! Tasted just like regular carrots!

For cocktails, I put out my favorite cocktail napkins that seems to last me for several years. I think they are hilarious.




I made a desert "bar" with lots of candies, cookies and cakes. You know us girls, we gotta have our sweets. Or at least I do. Well, and my kids too. Some of these were gone before the party even started and I had two hyper boys spying on us in their pajamas.

Naturally flavoured gum drops.



These handmade marshmallows were a hit. The chocolate dipped ones with nuts taste like a s'more.

I purchased some mini-cupcakes, and put some marzipan fruit on top. There's eleven instead of a dozen because my son is too quick and no sooner had I turned around, he had already swiped one.

What I LOVE to do most, at parties at home, is pull out my record player. Between my husband & I, we must have at least 200 records. All our records are original, from when we purchased them ourselves back in the day,  but I had to go find a record player. I bought this on Ebay a few years back. It is SO fun.



Some of my favourite albums. (33's) There's nothing better than playing a Boston record and singing loud and completely out of tune, and it being okay with your friends because they are doing the same exact thing.Also gotta play some ELO, Fleetwood Mac, Robert Earl Keen, Rolling Stones.... It's fun being a DJay.

Some of my 45's from 1980-1981. It's funny, because I still like the music I liked back then.

What a riot. Inside some of the 33 covers were order forms for t-shirts ($6.00) and satin jackets. From the looks of these inserts, this must be 1981?


When my sons saw the record player for the first time , one said "OHHH! You got a CD!" and the other one, when I asked him if he knew what these were, he goes "Duh, mom. Of course I know what this is. I saw it once on Tom & Jerry". *sigh....

Well, as I was downloading the pics from last night, I found about 30 pictures of our Elf on the Shelf, Mr. Red, taken by my 6 year old. Poor Mr. Red, there was about 2 days this season where he forgot to move. Do you have an Elf on the Shelf? What's his name?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...