If One's good, Two Must Be Better

A queen bed is the usual standard for a guest room. In the house I grew up in, our guest room had two twin beds. I never understood this. But, as I grew older and thought about it, it does make sense. And if you've got the space for it, I think it is a great idea! I have yet to design a guestroom with a pair of beds in it, and when I get the chance, I hope to do a pair of full sized beds. Until then, I can use these pictures as inspiration. Maybe you can too.


Note to self: 2 feathers in vase for instant sculpture-like arrangement


Design: Gerrie Bremermann
Photograph: Peter Vitale for Veranda July/August 1999






Design: Tom Scheerer
In my opinion, you can never go wrong with a dramatic canopy


Great coverlets! I like the way the corners are cut and trimmed. I've always liked red and pink together. The red headboards keep this room from being juvenile.


The simple red stripe trim on the top of the curtains is a great way to tie in the colored thread on the white duvets. I always like having a seat/bench at the end of a bed too. These are a fresh take on that idea, and a little unexpected.


Here's a pair of full sized beds... This room isn't gigantic (well, it IS pretty darn big) and it works well here.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...