It's Been 83 Years

Yes, it's been 83 years since Dallas/Ft. Worth has seen a White Christmas. The last year on record, was in 1926, that is until this year, when starting on Christmas Eve a blizzard blew through our city. Now, I seriously say blizzard because the first blizzard warning in DFW's entire history was issued! Ever! We've never had one, and let me say, it was weird. I've never seen snow swirling and blowing sideways. But with blizzards comes a blanket of snow covering the ground, just in time for Christmas morning yesterday.  It was wonderful. My boys put giant snowballs in the freezer, and when my dog was let outside, he got HYPER. Dogs get so frisky in the cold! Much like children! I know many people in the northern climates are used to this, but for us in the south, it is special. These images of animals in the snow made me smile, as I can relate to their joyous expressions now.


photo: pewald/flickr




photo of Punkin by saaay_rah/flickr


photo of Sonny the cat by ~Jetta Girl~/flickr


photo: dr.Ozda/flickr


photo: *Melody*/flickr


Mei Xiang, 10 year old female panda from Smithsonian's Zoo
photo: Meghan Murphy


photo: abbietabbie/flickr


photo: tumblr
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...