All Wrapped & Ready...

Santa's coming...


In keeping with my theme/motto that I made last year, to use/wear everything I already have, I did not go out and buy one ounce of ribbon, wrapping paper, labels, even tape. (And the tape was a challenge, but I finally found one roll in my son's desk drawer. You have never seen someone use such small pieces to wrap a present, because I wanted it to last me throughout the whole wrapping process.) I used all my existing wrapping paper, mostly red & white, and founds some old ribbons. This ribbon above was from a store's box,  I think it came from Talbot's.


I used an ornament from World Market to tie on this package. I will hopefully recycle all the ribbon from this year and use it next year!


This was an ornament from Pottery Barn last year, that I found buried in my wrapping tupperware bin.



This is a recycled gift bag. I don't remember who initially gave it to me, but I think it is so funny. It's going to my mom this year. We'll see if she thinks it's as funny.


This is a ribbon that came on a package sometime earlier this year, and I ironed it. It's official: I am turning into my mother and grandmother. There I said it.  I am turning old! The "ornament" is a chocolate egg.




I used all my kids art projects from school as package decoration. That alone really saved me, because they came home with tons. And it doubles as a gift to the grandparents, as I put it all on their gifts.

It's early Christmas Eve Morning, and my boys are off to the airport to welcome troops home from Iraq. They were having a hard time getting up so early today, and I told them that some of these daddies (and mommies too) haven't seen their little boys and girls in a very, very long time and this would be the best present their kids could hope for: their mom & dad coming home.  It's really not about the presents & Nintendo's and Gameboy's and Wii's is it.  Cherish your family. Love your neighbor. Today, tomorrow, and everyday. I hope you and yours have a peaceful, loving Christmas.

UPDATE:
The boys just returned from the airport, and they are elated. My 6 year old said many of the army men shook his hand. There were maybe 50 family members there and about 150 other people/supporters there with their flags and signs and everyone was clapping. I had to share some pictures, as my 8 year old took 75 photos.










This makes my heart happy.
all photographs: cashonandcompany.blogspot.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...