The New Sky-light

I have a guest bath, that is small and has no windows. It always bothered me because it was so dark. Even with the lights on, I really like to have some natural light. I remember someone years back telling me about a product called Solatube. I googled it, called them, and last year had it installed. It's awesome!

This is the bathroom, and that is the sky-light. It is small and bright. I have no lights on in this photo.

This is with the lights turned on. They have an option where you can have the sky-light installed behind an existing recessed light, so that's what I did. I had a light here, so during the day I use natural light, but at night, it still functions as a ceiling light, in the same spot. 

The solatube is a small tube, with a reflective cap on the top. They drill a small hole in your roof, and run it directly into the desired spot in your ceiling. I can't even see the dome on my roof. 

This is a bathroom of a Solatube customer, who installed theirs right over the bath-tub. I guess they decided to do this so they could keep the shades by the tub closed for privacy, but still attain day-light.

Bathrooms aren't the only place you can use them. This  is a dark hallway.


This is the hallway with two Solatubes installed. I know, it sounds like I work for them! I promise, I don't! This is totally unsolicited- I just think it's a great solution to dark spaces, without adding artificial light. If  you want to see how it works, visit their website here. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...