It's All About the Repeat of Shapes

I have my eye on this antique moroccan lamp at an antique store here, and it totally got me in this geometric groove....I love the deep colours of old tiles, and I like the patterns. It's like looking inside a kaleidoscope and seeing the neatest puzzle in repetition and intensity. Here's some of my faves:

Harper's Bazaar, June 1953



Stone Floor Tile: David Hicks, by Ashley Hicks. 
left to right: Isfahan, Hesagon house, and Fiorentina. Available here

Door with surrounding tiles, Portugal
Image: Jesús Feijó González & Diego Hurtado de Mendoza 

Image: Diego Hurtado de Mendoza

Image: Diego Hurtado de Mendoza

Street in Portugal
Image: Jesús Feijó González & Diego Hurtado de Mendoza 

Street in Portugal
Image: Jesús Feijó González & Diego Hurtado de Mendoza
Antique salvaged tile available here at Jayson Home & Garden, $10 & $18 each
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...