My Favourite Jewelry


This beautiful "Emerald" ring was given to me by my oldest son, who got it in a gum-ball machine. If there's anything to be said of my eldest, it is that he loves gems: all kinds. The sparklier the better. So for him to give this to me with a kiss meant a lot to me! He probably contemplated keeping it~!


The butterfly pin above and the key pendant below were given to me by each of my sons. One day, I took them to Sam Moon (anyone from Texas or Oklahoma will know of this huge place where everything is from China and under $20...cheap, cheap, cheap and fun, fun, fun!) They picked out the most glittery and gorgeous thing they could find and gave it to me later that night. 



Both of my sons went to Montessori school in preschool, where they learned to sew before they were potty-trained. Seriously! This is a felt bracelet my son made me from scratch. 


Another thing they learned in Montessori was how to thread beads. For a preschooler, this is a great exercise in fine motor skills! So I keep a big tupperware full of beads and pipe-cleaners, and once in a while, we will still sit down and string several bracelets. These are two of my favourites that they made me. 


You can't buy this kind of jewelry at Neimans! Mom's really do love the things are kids make us most.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...