Corps de armée


Well, it all started with this Ralph Lauren book that came in the mail.



(above four images: Ralph Lauren Spring 2010)

I noticed how a many of the pieces were an army coloured green and some looked quite safari-like. Then came this mailer from Neiman Marcus in the mail...

Layfayette 148 New York Spring 2010 from Neiman Marcus

Joie Spring 2010 from Neiman Marcus

Chloé Spring 2010 from Neiman Marcus

Giussepe Zanotti Spring 2010 from Neiman Marcus

More similar colours, and similar themes...
Then I saw these ads in one of my fashion magazines...

Balmain Paris Spring 2010

Jean Paul Gaultier Spring 2010

Okay, by this time I knew there was an obvious trend for Spring fashion right in front of me. But what sealed the deal was when I saw the cover for Vogue Paris, March 2010. It only had one sentence on the cover: SPÉCIAL MODE Coup d'éclat militaire... You don't have to read french to recognize at least one of these words: militaire. Yes, there was a military theme to this Spring's fashions, and their inside spread really made that clear.

Vogue Paris March 2010

Vogue Paris March 2010

Vogue Paris March 2010

Vogue Paris March 2010

Vogue Paris March 2010

Vogue Paris March 2010
Gotta love our Red, White & Blue flag on the pages of a French Fashion Mag!

Vogue Paris March 2010

Vogue Paris March 2010

Bell & Ross Watch, Isabel Marant Boot, Louis Vuitton Bracelet adn Trussardi 1911 Duffel Bag Purse, all from Vogue Paris March 2010

Dog Tag necklace from Cartier, Studded Bag from Zadig & Voltaire; Python Camouflage bag and zipper boots from Alexander McQueen; Pumps from A.P.C., and purse from Chloé.

I personally have always been a little partial to this colour of green, probably due to the fact that in 7th grade my friend told me that my eyes were the colour of camouflage. I was offended at the time, but now I own it. How many other people have the eyes of camouflage? At least I'm trying to own it. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...