My, My...So Pretty, Pretty...


Ann Sheridan (1915-1967) from Remember When?


Marlene Dietrich (1901-1992)


Ann Sheridan (1915-1967)


Jean Harlow (1911-1937) in Dinner at Eight


I love all these photographs of these glamorous movie stars at their dressing tables. These seem to have gone by the wayside. Although I carved out a little space for a vanity at my bathroom counter, I can't say that I sit down and powder my nose there and spend any time there at all. But, having said that, I love the way it looks nonetheless. Perhaps it's because since I live in a house of ALL boys, that is my only feminine girly spot I have? So I do take time to put my perfumed oils in pretty decanters and my make-up in neat containers. All these images are so totally girlie and gorgeous.


Design: Robert Couturier, Photo: Pieter Estersohn for Southern Accents


American c. 1930 dressing table from Withington and Company Antiques via 1st dibs
I can only imagine Jean Harlow having had one exactly like this!


Design: Lisa Martensen, Photo: Stephen Karlisch for D Magazine


Vicki Archer of French Essence


Decoupage tray by John Derian


My vanity tray. I just purchased this parfum by Tom Ford, and I love it. I layer it on top of my Acqua di Parma and the Jasmine top note trails off and leaves the soft musk behind.


My vanity tray (again!) with bottles in which I put my own essentials oils in. In the large decanter I put White musk, Violet and Jasmine. I tried to copy the Vitabath Extra Moisturizing Gelée scent, but it's not that close... unfortunately!




My $25 bargain bottle of Joy de Jean Patou. 
Above four images by cashonandcompany.blogspot.com


Classic Chanel 


Dior Dressing Table at Claridge's
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...