My Attempt at Recycling



I have to give credit where credit is due. My mom generally came up with this brilliant idea. I had three chairs and an ottoman that I had been wanting to recover. Initially, they had cream and blue linen, chenille, and raffia fabrics on it. Very pretty, but somewhat limited and also somewhat summery. I have been wanting to put a neutral linen on them, and I had a sample draped over one chair for quite sometime. It was a gorgeous herringbone pattern, which my mother happened to notice one day. She said, "you know, I have all the fabric that our walls were upholstered in, still left over". I remember that fabric well: I grew up in the house they still live in, and she took this fabric down after about a decade, and replaced it with the EXACT same fabric. When she took it off the walls, she laundered it and just put it in bags.
Well, long story short, that gorgeous herringbone wool fabric now graces my three chairs and ottoman. So I am now sitting on our old walls!








Now, not only are my chairs green (and I am doing "air quotes" with my fingers as I say that -ha), but they were a super bargain as well: free fabric, and I only had to pay for the fabrication of the slipcovers. Good Deal All Around! (all images from: cashonandcompany.blogspot.com)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...