I'll Float in a Boat... if it Looks Like This

I don't know much about house boats. Really the only one I've seen much of was in the movie Sleepless in Seattle. I remember getting a "sophisticated bachelor pad" vibe. Although I get a little motion sick from the waves of the ocean, I do love being on the sea. From the dock, this houseboat seems very unassuming. What a surprise when you get inside! The home belongs to Sally Wilkinson in England. I love the open space with all the natural light. It's hard to tell from the outside that it can be this spacious and bright.




All photographs: Simon Upton for House & Garden, May 2009

If I was to live on a boat, this is how I would imagine myself.....

1950 Conde Nast Archive

1957 Fashion Photograph

Photograph by Tom Palumbo, 1960

I know, I know. Keep Dreaming....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...