Epitome of Cool


I think the style of sunglasses a person wears really says a lot about them. Most people tend to stick with one particular style, perhaps because that shape looks best on their face. Me, I am almost schizophrenic about my glasses. Somedays I'm all about the aviator, and others I want to totally hide my entire face under ginormous black shades. I'm weird about matching my metals together, so I might coordinate my sunglasses to my jewelry. This is all assuming I am running out the door in something other than sweats! Which happens from time to time. Well, sometimes.

c. 1970's Cartier Santos Aviators with 9 Diamonds
from mascara jones's shop/etsy

c. 1980's Paloma Picasso

c. 1970's Ted Lapidus Paris

Jackie O

c. 1930's American Sunglasses
from Klasik

Carole Lombard

Gene Tierney

c. 1980's oldschool shades by Cazal

c. 1960's Correna France Sunglasses
from klasik

Audrey Hepburn

c. 1981 Porsche by Carrera

These were the sunglasses worn by Yoko Ono when she posed for the cover of Rolling Stone Magazine. I remember, in about 1984, my brother and I bought matching pairs of Porsche sunglasses. They folded up in half and we had these cases we would put them in and clip on our belts. I remember being in Lajitas, Texas on vacation and wearing those sunglasses while we played tennis against each other. We thought we were so cool . I would love to find a picture of that.

    Yoko Ono, 1981, Rolling Stone Magazine      

 1980's Porsce Carrera Folding sunglasses and case

c. 1980's glasses from Cazal

Harry Caray                                         Run DMC 

c. 1970's Christian Dior
SO.......WHICH ONE ARE YOU?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...