Beautiful Then, Beautiful Now

A little inspiration for a Saturday night!

Carole Lombard (1908-1942)

I just saw Nothing Sacred (1937) for the first time, and two people stood out to me. Carole Lombard, and Max "Slapsie Maxie" Rosenboom. Carole of course carried the movie, as she played a vulnerable sweet woman who was elegant yet amusing at the same time. Her features are delicate yet strong. She's slight but not weak. Delightful and charming!

Rita Hayworth (1918-1987)

Blonde or brunette, Rita has a classically gorgeous face. Her smile is full and alluring. Her face looks almost perfectly symmetrical. Probably most famous for Gilda (1946), I also liked her in My Gal Sal (1942). 

Raquel Welch (b.1940)

Ahhh, Raquel! Born Sept. 5, 1940 means she turns 69 today.  Seriously? Have you seen her lately? Incredible. I remember growing up in the 1970's and she was THE movie star for me and my girlfriends.  My neighbor and I even made up a song and dance about her, that we would perform in front of our parents at cocktail time in the living room. It went like "Hi everyone, I'm Raquel Welch, the movie star. I've got a cute cute body and a sexy car. I've got the hips,...pause... I've got the lips, ...pause...I've got the legs of a starrrrr. Sorry guys, can't show no more". Did I happen to mention we were 8 years old?? (She had just guest starred on Mork & Mindy) I can only imagine how hilarious that must of been to watch us sing that. Hilarious or terryifying. Don't know which.

Ursula Andress (b.1936)

Ursula of course played Honey Rider in Dr. No (1962) opposite Sean Connery. Now, Dr. No is currently one of my 8 year old son's favorite movies, and so I have seen it this year almost 20 times. Both my son and I are memorized (ok, well maybe me more so. My son is more memorized by sharks, villains, laser guns, spies, etc...)when she appears on the screen. Ursula looks almost like the perfect barbie doll, but in a good way. Her features are so incredibly feminine and her coloring is flawless.

Drew Barrymore (b. 1975) 
 Vanity Fair Magazine

I always thought of Drew as a cute, kind of a hippie free-spirited sweet girl. But when I saw this picture, I was blown away. She really is quite beautiful and photogenic. She still almost looks like the little girl we saw in E.T. here. There's something about this photo that I just find captivating.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...