Showroom Inspiration


I love getting ideas and inspired from my weekly trips to the Design Center here in the Design District of Dallas. These are from a recent trip to George Cameron Nash Showroom. If you've never been, make this a stop next time your in Texas. I make it a habit to always carry my camera/iphone with me so I can snap shots of fabrics & furniture for clients, but sometimes if I see a display or vignette that they put out that strikes a chord in me, I'll snap it and put it on my inspiration board. Although now I have my iPad, I'll have to put it on my Fabulous Corkulous!


This installation on this wall is stunning. It looks like it should move or take flight any moment. 



I'm a sucker for anything lucite, and these asian style horses on lucite pedestals against a hand-painted wall-covering makes me silly with excitement! Yes, silly I tell you!



Okay, I thought I was the master in dried hydrangeas....that is until I saw theres, and I walked away with my proud tail between my legs. Incredible, aren't they both? Click on the image if you need to see it in detail, it's worth it! (quality by my phone's camera isn't great though)


I can never tie of Poca coral or tufted ottomans. But I like how they mounted these specimens on aluminum bases instead of the usual acrylic. 



Both the pictures above have one thing in common, yes, the textured-grass-cloth wall-covering. It's back and it's here to stay!


Gilt, gilt, and more gilt. There's never too much in a room for me. (Remember we're talking "gilt" not "guilt!" That I can take in only small doses!)


Symmetry like this I kinda like. I am beginning to be drawn to more simplistic design lately. Maybe it's because my house is over-run with Star Wars, Lego's and Pokemon. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...