Go Back 3 Years...

You know I went to a wedding this past Monday and it was for an old dear friend of mine whom I've known since we were 11. She got married on a Monday because they wanted to be ON the golf course, and they had to do it a day when the Country Club was closed. It was absolutely LOVELY. She came up to the wedding site via a golf cart decorated in fresh orchids and tulle and the groom wore a pink golf-shirt. But I digress...
I knew it would be outside, so I pulled out a little silk short-sleeved Tory Burch black & white striped dress. It's the only thing that would fit because I haven't worked hard enough to get off my Christmas poundage. But I needed a purse that would "pop". I forgot I have this Prada purse that was made especially for Neiman Marcus in 2007 to celebrate their 100 year anniversary. Oh how I love this purse yet I never seem to make a reason to use it!


But many designers contributed special editions just for this big cause of celebration at Neiman Marcus. In case you didn't know, Neiman's was founded in downtown Dallas so everyone here has somewhat of an attachment and maybe an allegiance to this flagship store. The original store down on Commerce & Main is still one of my favourite places to shop, as I have mentioned earlier.



The only other little thing I picked up in 2007 to commemorate their special 100 birthday was this set of plates made by the French company Gien. I keep thinking I will have some girls over and make pink martinis and serve food on these fashionable plates. 3 years and counting and I haven't done it yet. Maybe I'll get my act together and do it for Neiman's 110th birthday! 




all images: cashon & co.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...