All About Men: Part 2


I think I shall name this man "The Gentleman's Gentleman: Mr. Sophisticated" (Read: Cary Grant).  I like to think that at times my man gives off this vibe. I started buying him cufflinks and french-cuffed shirts, whether he liked it or not, because I think it is such an ultimate cosmopolitan accessory. And hopefully once a year I like to see him dressed up in a tuxedo. Think about it, that usually ends up being truthfully only about 7-8 times in a decade. Life's to short not to see your Mr. dressed to the nines!

What a cool book! Doubt I'd catch my husband reading it though... but you never know?!

Could you imagine Mr. Sophisticated's closet though? Probably pretty close to the one that belongs to Steven Gambrel, above. Look at that studded trim on the closet and the crystal orb door-knob. *sigh!

I could live in a bed like this... Ralph Lauren Cashmere bedding. I mean, who couldn't?

This gentleman would have elegant taste...Much like designer Timothy Corrigan, don't you agree? I think this is quite masculine, drapes and tie-backs and all! (Timothy Corrigan/AD/paris pied-a-terre)

Or if we was truly decadent, he would sleep in a room like this
(Photograph by: John Spragg for The Ultimate Interior Designer by Ruth Pretty/Cassell Books)

Just plain cool. There should be a martini near-by. He wouldn't use this bath though, this would be the guest bath.  (ELLE DECOR/jamie Creel & Marco Scarani's Paris Apt)

This is MY scent. It's a man's cologne, but I wear it. The deodorant, the talc, the lotion, the cologne. It's perfection to me. It took me YEARS to feel this way about a scent. It smells just like pressed Italian/French soap.


Above are two extremely refined ensembles from Loro Piana Spring 2010. Can't you totally see Andy Garcia in these outfits? He is such a super dresser I think. Check him out in the 2nd Pink Panther movie with Steve Martin. Oh and in Oceans 11 he looks superb. I think he dresses with a neck scarf in real-life too. 

I was looking at Andy and his outfit so much that I just now saw my beloved Steve Martin behind him and laughed aloud. Look at that face. He is priceless!

The striped vest and the pocket-watch. Oh how I wish men would still dress this way!

I mean LOOK at this c1900 Tiffany & Co. Pocket Watch! Who wouldn't want that tied to them? (from here)

Look at this man! It looks like he is at a basketball game. I will allow him the sunglasses indoors because he looks so good. And that belt. And the pocket square, and the relaxed linen jacket!

He knows how to dress, no? Yes, Andy, hat's off to you.


And how could you leave out the looks of Brooks Brothers, both above


And there's nothing like an Hermès tie. My dad has worn them for 3 decades. Maybe I like them because it reminds me of him. My grandmother would always buy him 3 new ones for Christmas. 

As much as I would like to see my husband wear these Gucci driving moccasins above, I will gladly settle for his second pair of John Varvatos snake skin loafers, shown below. He loves them, I love them.

And of course, when I saw this Gucci stool on Paris Hotel Boutique a few years back, I had to buy it for his closet. He just saw it and kinda went "hmmph..." and that was that. But I love it. 

Card holder from Pocket's

Briefcase from Louis Vuitton, Fall 2009

Cartier Art Deco emerald & gold cufflinks, france, 1930's. Hollis Reh & Shariff/1st dibs
So Sophisticated! Oh how I would LOVE to have these myself....

Armani Watch from Neiman's

Instead of driving a Porsche, he would wear it...

And he would wear these Oliver Peoples sunglasses from Neiman's...

This gentleman would look so good in this Vintage red classic convertible

And he would collect world-class contemporary art, like this above,  to showcase in his multiple residences (this suave sophisticate is a global traveler, no?)

Some Pop Art to impress the ladies...
like this space done by: Martha Angus, San Francisco/Lofts & Condos 2009

And some cubism art paired with Biedermeier and sisal, because this man knows how to mix it up!
(image: Martha Angus, San Francisco/Lofts & Condos 2009)


Oh, and only Bespoke will do....

Because he's gotta stay sharp looking. Wonder what type of woman he would gravitate towards?

Maybe a little Paulette Goddard mixed with....

some Raquel Welch... (i'd like to see THAT mix! wowza)

After a hard day of galavanting, Mr. Gentleman will retire to his "desk" to admire all the calling cards left by the ladies. He of course would have a stylish and elegant desk in his pied-à-terre.
(image: Ellie Cullman and Tracey Winn Pruzan/newyorksocialdiary.com)

The he would walk over to his vintage 1970's Mastercraft Rolling Bar in Burled Amboyna & Brass to fix himself a drink... (from Assemblage/1st dibs)

A scotch in hand and a Monte Cristo waiting in a Baccarat ashtray... 

What a tough life you lead, Mr. Sophisticate! I want your life! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...