All About Men: Part 1


I always come across some great fashions and ideas for men, so I thought I might take this week to celebrate the man, his styles and his tastes. I am going to call this post the "1920's English Society Man"

Look at how dapper and handsome those boys are above in their bow-ties. Why don't more men wear them? I wish my husband would! I found this camouflage bow-tie in the Spring Neiman Marcus mail-out. Now THIS my husband might wear, but the check and madras plaid ones next it are adorable too!

Speaking of Plaid, aren't these iphone covers from Speck so cool? The charcoal pin-stripe one is my favourite.

Talk about dapper - go retro and use a shaving brush to lather up. This sterling silver one I found for my husband for $25. It really stands as decoration now.

Men used these brushes regularly to dust off the lint on their suits and sports coats. This is a bakelite pair with a sterling silver monogram set that I bought for my husband for about $18.

In the 1920's and 1930's in England they made lots of porcelain boxes for knick-knacks, such as this fish one. I bought this one, also for my husband, for under $15 as a place to put change or cuff-links in.

Speaking of cuff-links, aren't these spectacular? They are rare 14k gold essex crystal, american and made in 1926. From John Salibello Jewelry on 1st Dibs


I like how they included women in the golf swings! 

And such a classic gent has to drive an incredibly classic car

The interior of this Rolls Royce Limited Edition with the wood grain and vintage looking instrument panel is so refined and so English. From here.

Alabama home: design: Jane Hoke/photo: Colleen Duffley/Tuscan Style 2009

And this man must have a refined library with wood paneling that showcases many books, such as the set of books published in Paris in the 1920's  from here, shown below...


AD/photo:Jaime Ardiles-Arce/medieval castle in France Auvergne Region
And it would be nice for this English gentleman to have a game table so he could play cards with his pals...

Perhaps even an exquisite piano like this one from Nick Brock Antiques in Dallas so as to play some Cole Porter during Cocktail Hour...

badgley mischka bar in elle decor
And talk about Cocktail Hour!  There HAS to be a bar of course!  Complete with lead crystal decanters and an English hunting print with picture light!

And maybe even a crystal tantalus set like the one seen here from Nick Brock Antiques

... English porcelain with pheasants to celebrate the sport of gentleman hunting, like this one, also from Nick Brock Antiques

gil schafer apt by miles redd 
And his study would have high celings, lots of antiques, and course art

Maybe his art would be restrained yet so typically English like this c1920s one I bought at an antique warehouse in it's original frame...

Photograph by: John Spragg for The Ultimate Interior Designer by Ruth Pretty/Cassell Books

Or maybe it would be a modern Art Deco piece...

OR maybe a pin-up of a bathing beauty taken by Alfred Cheney in the 1920's?

And incase you need to take off to the country at a moment's notice, or even better board a steamship to America, there is the quintessential travel trunks, like the ones below from Nick Brock Antiques

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...