Hello Lovers & Beautiful Bloggers!

Isn't it fun when you receive an award from a fellow blogger and/or get tagged to post fun things?
Thank you to dear  Jeanne-Aelia at Through the French Eye of Design who tagged me in the Hello Lover Award. Of course you remember that phrase as spoken by Carrie Bradshaw when she sees a pair of Manolo's...

So, the rules of this fun award: You show off seven pairs of your shoes and then pass the challenge onto seven other bloggers... Make sure you go here to look at Jeanne-Aelia's...she's got some incredible Moroccan ones that are so unique! And make sure you look at her following post on her trip there...wow! 

First, let me say a few things... I like to wear flats during the day, almost always. But I consider anything with a 2 ½" heel or less to be "flats". I have chronic back problems and have found that platform heels give me support and do not hurt after a few hours, so I am still able to wear those high heels! Yahoo! I also keep a big supply of inserts: gel, pads, whatever. And the blister band-aids work great when you are breaking in a new pair. Oh the stuff we go through for some stylish feet..... I try to buy with long-term in mind, and I try to purchase classics.... I love shoes, because no matter your weight, if you gain a few pounds or yo-yo, your shoes will always fit! I guess that goes for purses too, yes I love those also! Ha!

ONE:

These are my everyday summer shoes. Cute Louis Vuitton flats that are cushy and comfortable. I have a belt that matches. Sometimes if I'm feeling girly I like to match my belt/handbag to my shoes. Why not? These have held up so well, and go with my track pants, shorts, pants, skirts, you name it. 

TWO:

These shoes have been with me for YEARS. I have had new soles put on the bottom because I wear them ALL the time. They are so comfortable and they are such a great neutral. I wear them year-round. So cute with wide-leg trousers.

THREE:

Ahh, another one of my all-time favourites as in "I will NEVER part with these. EVER." These are the most comfortable 4" heels you can imagine! And they are so neutral. They go with everything, and also so year-round. At least here in Texas!

FOUR:

These are low-heels for me, and I can wear them all day long. They are snake-skin and I love the light-colour. Can you tell I wear a-lot of camel and grey's? These are great with jeans.

FIVE:

I got these Barbara Bui's a few years back and love them. They are kind of dressy, but I like the mix of the silk with the raw edge and the cork heels. The inside of the heels are a gold metal. These are one of my favourite shoes.

SIX:

These are great shoes to wear with jeans also. I have ALWAYS loved the combination of navy and black. And I have a matching little Chanel tweed jacket that looks great with this and jeans and a crisp white shirt. I bring these when I'm traveling, because I can wear them with everything.

SEVEN:

These are a great pair of flats, also snakeskin, but I like the cut-out detail in the back. I've had these also for several years. And they last and last!

Okay, I know that they said "Seven"... but they said "Seven SHOES!" and well, this is a boot and I would be remiss if I didn't include these. I LOVE these boots. I remember, about 4 years ago my husband asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I said "All I want is a pair of boots, exactly like my girlfriend Deanna's". He's like "No prob! That's easy!" Yes, he was thinking he was getting off light. So he calls up Deanna and she told him that she would go buy them for him and he could just write her a check. Let me tell you. He nearly had a heart attack. He doesn't know who or what Jimmy Choo is and he didn't know that shoes could cost more than $50. He still brings that up every Christmas. That was the first and last shoe/purse/accessory he has purchased for me. Now I have to be a little more sneaky with my purchases. The gig is up.

So now I pass the Hello, Lover award on to seven lovely fellow bloggers:

Lisa at Hamptontoes
Sue at The Zhush


So, to make me even feel more special, I was also given the Beautiful Blogger Award, from another blogger whom I consider beautiful, Marija at Holding Court. Go here to see her "six & seven" post... Talk about shoes! Plus she's got a lovely family and house too!

In this award, you can choose to tell 7 things about yourself, post your sixth picture, or both. Well, I feel like I've talked about myself enough for one day so I present to you my sixth picture I posted on my blog, which I started in August of 2009.


This is from a post I did On August 25th called The Elegant Agatha. It is about her secret notebooks that were revealed and published in a new book. I ADORE Agatha Christie and have been reading her novels since I was about 9 years old. My favourite thing to do is watch the BBC Hercule Poirot movies with David Suchet. That is where I get a lot of my inspiration for decorating as well as fashion and jewelry. The sets and the costumes are amazing, and of course the story, even though I've read it before, is just like seeing it for the first time. Every time!

So now I pass this Beautiful Blogger Award on to some bloggers who I think are beautiful who we want to know more about!

Cat at Blue
Edyta at Edyta & Co. 
Jeanette at Everton Terrace
Catherine at The Shiny Pebble
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...