Must. Have. Coffee....

Monday Morning..........
I, like most people, have to start my day off with a cup of coffee. Ok, several cups. I have an absolutely favorite "mug" in which I drink my coffee. It was originally meant for Irish Coffee I think, and is from the late 1800's. It is ironstone and it is huge. I can fit almost a half of pot of coffee in it!


Now, I also have another one that I will drink out of when my favorite is in the wash. What I like about it is the big loop for the handle. Very comfortable. It is also late 1800's. Both are from my favorite antique store, Milton Kent Antiques and were a gift from a dear friend!


Not to leave my husband out, I found this great c.1920's cup at a now closed Antique Warehouse several years ago. He wouldn't admit he liked it, being it is a TEXAS cup with a giant Longhorn on the front, and he's from Oklahoma (there's rivalry that goes deep in sports there). But I have seen him drinking from it a lot! I think it's really cute and whimsical.


So we drink just basic coffee (Eight O'Clock brand), with the classic milk and sugar thrown in.  Hopefully Santa will bring a cappuccino machine this year, but until then, the simple stuff prevails here. What I find amazing is what some people have managed to create with a good ol' cup of coffee. Look at these art works! You have to call it art, because it is definitely creative and takes talent to do what these people have done.

Photograph: busbozo/flickr

Photograph: gilfer/flickr

Photograph: monkey from the voyager/flickr

Photograph: bernardshitbel/flickr

Unstaged!
Coffee served in Aleksandrovo Village, Vojvodina, Serbia
Photograph: Uros Petrovic/flickr

Now, I've seen it all........ Matt Laur

And Al Roker!

Where can I get a dog like this?
Schmoopy doing a balancing act
Photograph: superFantastic/flickr
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...