What Time is It?

I was about to slip into some music by The Time.... "WHAT TIME IS IT? Alright, ya'll got 10 seconds to get tho the dance floor... Whawk! C'mon now... Alright brothers, keep up with that. Jermone, bring me my hat. Did I mess my hair up?..." (All you folks aged 40 get that song... please tell me you get it.)


I just got the Gumps catalogue in the mail this week. When I saw these small alarm clocks, I thought they sure are good-looking. They come with malachite, lapis and jasper finishes all with brass accents... It would look so much better on my nightstand than the Target $6.99 digital alarm clock I have now. (available here )


But then I remembered this one I saw earlier this month: While the Gumps ones are good-looking, this circa 1970's Gucci one takes the Alarm Clock to the next level, don't you think? Of course leave it to Paris Hotel Boutique to have this beauty for sale. It is so handsome and almost deco looking with the vertical lines. 


But what I like most is the bubble glass dome on the face of the clock. Available here at Paris Hotel Boutique. This is a stunning clock and better priced than most Ebay and on-line auction sites.... (you'll see what I mean in a few seconds)


People often forget that Gucci used to make many items for the home. Paris Hotel Boutique often has Gucci Home items for sale, and for better prices than other on-line sources too, you just need to make sure you get on their mailing list to get the word when the newest inventory arrives! 


I have mentioned this in an earlier post, but I found this Gucci covered stool at Paris Hotel Boutique about 3 years ago. I think this might of been my first purchase with Lynn at Paris Hotel Boutique. I think she carries truly the most unique items. She has a great eye for the unusual and the stylish, yet she keeps everything priced within reason! What more could you ask for?


But if you are still liking the idea of a unique vintage Gucci clock, just a monthly search on Ebay can find you some alternative options. This vintage Gucci travel alarm clock from the 1980's has the traditional leather stirrup style and can be found here.


In fact, Gucci has just teamed up with Christie's Auction Services, where as of January 2010, Christie's is now the only Gucci-certified online place for authenticating and appraising vintage Gucci products. Owners of vintage Gucci items can upload pictures of their pieces just for assessment and appraisal purposes, and they will have the opportunity to sell them through Christie's if desired.  
Above is a similar stirrup style alarm clock as the Ebay one mentioned earlier, and although the estimate sale price was $364-$485, the actual gavel price was $641, as shown here. This clock was encased in leather and included the original presentation box. That's a little much in my opinion for a clock.... You could supply an entire village with my digital Target alarm clocks for that price!

This wind-up vintage Gucci desk clock is in a lucite frame and can be found here  with a starting bid price of $225 on Ebay. This clock is GORRRRGEOUS!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...