Lilies


I decided I needed to keep flowers in this vase at all times, and I decided it has to be lilies. Casablanca if they have it, Stargazers if they don't. I bought this frosted glass with gold-key vase for $60 at Marburger this past spring, and I knew the minute I saw it I had to have it. The fact that it was a bargain was icing on the cake. So now I keep lilies in it full time. Why lilies? 

1. They're not expensive. I can buy a bunch at the grocery store for $7.00.
2. They last a long time! So I only have to buy new ones twice a month.... maybe even less.
3. They smell soooo good.... need I say more? 
4. They're white and they go with everything! 
5. They arrange themselves. You just throw them in a vase and that's it. No need to prune, fluff, or anything. 



If I have any extra I'll put it in this silver coffee pot I found at a Consignment Store. In fact, I found two of these coffee/tea sets at Consignment and Estate Sales... the third is a mix of pieces from my great-great aunt and a wedding present from a family friend. Tea pots and Coffee pots make great vases.


I thought the hammered silver-plate finish on this set was so pretty, however since it did not come with a tray, I put it on a round one I already had. I'm a big believer that everything doesn't have to match. In fact, I think it's more interesting when it doesn't.

Here's some other lovely examples of lilies in the home. Enjoy!

image: Tartanscot




I found this image above of the bed coverlet/duvet cover made of silk with hand-painted lilies while surfing the web, and thought it was exquisite. And by coincidence I happened to run across the exact same fabric yesterday while at the Culp Associates showroom in the Dallas Design Center.  And yes, it's that stunning in person. And I was happy to see it also comes in blue!



This hand-painted silk dupioni fabric is called White Lilies and is made by the venerable British Company Sanderson. If you like florals, then you must go to here and check out all their lovely floral fabrics. They have producing decoration products for 150 years.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...