Hollywood Regency Indeed


DO YOU LIKE THIS?


AND THESE?



Well then, if you ARE a  big fan of Kelly Wearstler's style like I am, then listen up! There is a GREAT website that you need to know about. Antiques Moderne is a huge 12,000 square feet mecca of mid-century design, and all reasonably priced too. John Bacile the owner is a pleasure to buy from, and has a great inventory that is always changing. Don't worry, if you don't live in Dallas you can still shop there via their website here. Make sure you sign up on their mailing list as they send updates when new shipments arrive.

HERE ARE SOME GOODIES FROM THE STORE:

Set of 4 1970's Baughman style brass armchairs, $1450

Late mid-century Etagere's with chrome bands, $1250 each

Pair 1940's hollywood regency stiffel brass lamps 

Look at the lucite bases on these lamps. These are just incredibly gorgeous!

Can't you imagine any of these pieces from Antiques Moderne in any one of Kelly Wearstler's rooms? (all rooms shown above by Wearstler)

THESE ARE THE ITEMS I HAVE PURCHASED THERE:


I found an incredible original 1960's Sputnik lamp there. John said that they took it straight from the original home - that makes me only the second owner! And then to make the deal sweeter, John ordered me the original style webbed bulb covers from a place in California, no charge, and gave them to me.

I replaced a traditional light in my closet and hung this there instead.

And I've already shown this chair before in a previous post, but I also got this there. For about $140. Score!


And here is one of my most favourite finds EVER. In the back of the store, leaning against other framed pieces, this painting called to me and KNEW I had to be the one to own it. I was instantly smitten with him.

It is Art Deco, probably 1930's and in it's original frame.


The detail in this watercolour really speaks to me. The stylized swirls in the clouds and the animal and even his body. He is masculine yet his face is somewhat (grotesquely albeit) feminine. Yet I love it. Everything about it. Great finds from a great store. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...