Time for Turquoise

(image: Veranda)

Summertime's here and for some reason, summer to me = turquoise. Maybe it's the thought of the turquoise coloured water at the beach or maybe it's because turquoise jewelry looks so good with white clothes and against tan skin.... but it's here and I'm liking it. 

This is a circa 1950's costume necklace that I found at Forestwood Antique Mall in Dallas. I bought this a few years ago thinking it would look dynamite with a white long dress (might I add before Eva Mendez did it last year- ha- had to put that in *wink) and I have yet to wear it. No white dress and No dressy event to go to, but I'm still glad I have it because I know someday I will wear it! Hopefully someday soon!

This is another pair of c.1960 costume jewelry that I also bought from the same dealer at Forestwood Antique Mall, yet a year or so later. I am a big fan of costume jewelry. Especially vintage pieces because they usually hand-set all the stones and the quality was superb. 

I bought this Valentino lariat at Carla Martinengo Boutique in Dallas a few years ago. Again, a fun costume piece that you can wear as a necklace OR a belt. 

Clockwise from top left: Turquoise enamel hoop earrings by Asha by ADM at Vivre; Cartier diamond & turquoise earrings from Pat Saling NY/1st dibs; Roberto Cavalli ring; Turquoise enamel rings with white topaz by Asha by ADM at Vivre; Anthony Nak ring; Turquoise chandelier earrings by Asha by ADM at Vivre.

I had to show a close-up of this ring by Roberto Cavalli. Another example of costume jewelry done right. The gold "leaves" have a lot of detail and texture, the faux-turquoise stone is faceted and they put a real pink quartz in it. Lovely! 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...