Get Well SOON


It seems like everyone is sick right now. My son has just had strep throat for the 3rd time this Winter. My friend and her daughter both had the flu last week. I have been sick for the last 36 hours. Sick & Snowed In... Maybe it's the weather? Maybe it's germs. Here's my "Stay Well" secrets.... What's yours? (*as I finished typing this sentence, I kid you not when I say my son just threw up everywhere. EVERYWHERE).... Pausing for a commercial break ..............................................................................
...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................OKAYYY, now.

FRESH GINGER TEA WITH TURMERIC & HONEY 
I put a pot of water on the stove and bring it to a boil.

Prepare your tea. You can use any kind of tea, green or black, but I use Korean Young Ji Tea. I place my bags in my tea pot.

Slice a few pieces of fresh ginger root, cutting off the skin and drop it into the boiling water.

To this add some Turmeric to taste.

Pour into a cup, using honey to sweeten. This is a great drink for a sore throat. The honey soothing.

OSCILLOCOCCINUM

When I feel the flu coming on, I head straight to my Rx or Grocers and buy Boiron's Oscillococcinum Pellets. 
These magic pellets contain "Anas barbarie hepatis et cordis 200CK". I have no idea what that is, but you can go to their website to find out more. I do know that it is homeopathic and in my opinion it seems to work wonderfully! I have been using this for about 3 years now. Not that often, just when needed. 

GOLD EDITION KENRICO TOURMALINE/CARBON TITANIUM DETOX PADS

image: Amazon.com

My husband just scoffs every night I put these stinky pads on my feet. I must admit, I first heard of them on a late-night infomercial. I am always willing to try something that is a natural alternative to keeping me healthy or pain free, so when I saw these foot pads on TV, I thought i'd try it.

Here't the thing. 
Have I noticed any difference? Uh, no, not really.
Do I still wear them every night? Uh, yes, mostly.
Do I know why I still do? UH, NO??
Am I putting their C.E.O.'s son through college? UH, probably.


MAGNESIUM OIL SPRAY

image: Amazon.com

When I take my vitamins at night, I spray about 2 squirts of Magnesium oil on my body. I feel like it helps me sleep better at night. And speaking of helping me sleep better at night, there is truly one thing I can credit to giving me my first consecutive sets of deep sleep in YEARS.....

image: Amazon.com
The Sleep Master Sleep Mask, from here.

I can't go into all the details of HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS MASK AND HOW IT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE except that if you go to Amazon where I bought it, read the comments. That is what helped me decide to try it. And since then I have bought 10 more. For myself (travel etc...) and friends. I have suffered from Insomnia for over 20 years and since I started wearing this mask about 6 months ago, I have not had to take ONE sleeping pill and haven't woken up ONE time in the middle of the night. NO bags under my eyes! I'll look like a dork in my sleep with a blue mask on for that alone!

Disclaimer:
Yes, can you believe I have to put this on here? Well, I suppose I don't HAVE to, but c'mon guys. I'm obviously not a Doctor. If you're pregnant or have a medical condition, don't take anything based on my silly blog. Ask your Doctor: if you've been prescribed a drug, you need to know about interactions before doing anything else to your body. Except this Sleep Mask of course. This thing is a miracle. And I'll stand by that. 
Signed,
 a former Insomniac. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...