What I'm loving now....


I have always been intrigued by Greek Mythology. I took a post-grad class in "Greek Mythology Then & Now", and it is amazing how many current stories (movies, books), advertisements, fashion, etc. are directly taken from ancient Greek myths and gods. Even (most of) the famous Roman statues and art are copies of the greek originals. But I think my real fascination began when I was young, and my grandmother had some of the greek patterned china & Wedgewood from the fifties. She was so elegant, so to me, it's elegant.
Hence, My newly started collection of Greek style pottery & porcelain....I found the vase on Ebay. I love the matte black and the gold painted handles. The detail and colors of the figures are beautiful against it! 



I found a trio of English greek style jugs at a local antique warehouse. I had to have them. The rims with the graphic design & orange colors were ahead of it's time.  They weren't terribly expensive either. The best thing about these is that I will really use them as water pitchers when entertaining. Or grouped together they would make a great centerpiece with or without flowers!


One of my favorite antique stores, Milton Kent Antiques (who is now on 1st Dibs) has a beautiful bright orange greek vase that I've been wanting for months now! Maybe someday soon I'll treat myself.....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...