The Elegant Agatha


New Mysteries from the Queen of Crime

Agatha Christie's Secret Notebooks: "In 2004, a remarkable discovery was made at Greenway House – Agatha Christie’s holiday home. 73 notebooks, containing secrets behind her most famous novels came to light.  The most exciting discovery within them – two unpublished Poirot stories!" (uk.agathachristie.comDue to be released in the UK on September 3rd


I have always loved Agatha Christie novels, I think I started reading my first one when I was in elementary school, my grandmother had her books and I borrowed one. Usually I like novels better than the movie & television, but I love David Suchet as Hercue Poirot!! Genius! What I'm most crazy about in the shows are the FASHION and the INTERIORS! That is where I draw so much of my inspiration, it is how I discovered the wonders of Victorian English accessories & Art Deco silver, jewelry, clothes, hair, make-up. The characters are always glamorous, and the settings always exotic. London's Whitehaven Manor, English Country estates, Torquay on the English Riviera, the Nile River....I think I have watched each one at least 15-20 times, and it's still not enough. My favorite Poirot dramas are: Murder in Mesopotamia, Murder on the Orient Express, Peril at End House, Death on the Nile, Evil Under the Sun, The Adventure of the Egyptian Tomb, The Adventure of the 'Western Star', The Mysterious Affiar at Styles, The Mystery of the Blue Train, The Mystery of the Spanish Chest, Tragedy at Mardson Manor, and Yellow Iris. I recommend renting or downloading any of these, and be swept away by Suchet as well as the chic/flawless women, debonair men, and well appointed interiors.


“Why not make my detective a Belgian?...I could see him as a tidy little man, always arranging things, liking things in pairs, liking things square instead of round.  And he should be brainy – he should have little grey cells of the mind.” Agatha Christie 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...