You NEVER Know WHERE You Will Find Inspiration...


THE HAIR SALON


The above two photos were taken by me a while ago, when I was waiting for my hair appointment at a salon I used to frequent: Blanc in Dallas. I loved the way the entire salon was white, and the pops of colours were brought in with lighting, local artwork, flowers... and big personalities. Peaceful YET energetic.

Inspiration taken from here:  What a cool way to frame abstract art. I've seen bolted plexiglass frames before, but never where it is applied directly over the art, interrupting the brush-strokes and I quite like it.


A HOTEL LOBBY

I snapped this photo really quickly while waiting to board the elevator at the Stoneleigh Hotel in Dallas, TX. 

Inspiration taken from here:  An extremely modern and moody painting, paired with a modern chair, yet the original lighting and molding of the early 1900's hotel left to quite literally shine. This alabaster pendant is just incredible in person. The metal brackets hold an vaseline-glass carved nouveau portrait of a woman, and it glows a celadon/turquoise opal colour, similar to the colours in the painting near it.


A STOREFRONT'S DISPLAY WINDOW AT A NEARBY SHOPPING CENTER

... Even if you pass by it electronically instead of walking by it. My friend knows how much I love quartz birds, and she was walking by Gerald Tomlin Antiques in Dallas, and snapped a picture of their window for me. I received it by text, and also forwarded it to someone else. Window Shopping gone viral! Who knew! 

Inspiration taken from here: BEAUTY. From Nature + Mankind. Plus knowing someone's thinking of you. 


THE TALENT OF FRIENDS

The above photo is a completed family room done by a dear friend of mine, Kelly Willey.
 I love knowing talented professionals in your field, but when they are also friends, it's doubly wonderful.  

Inspiration taken from here:  Clean and Lean - with pops of colour and lots of different textures. Every placement and piece was given lots of thought and it shows.


The same goes for knowing talented people who you count as friends, of the on-line persuasion. That goes for a talented lady in California, that many of you all know as 
La Dolfina. This vignette she created on her patio really speaks to me. 

The inspiration taken from here:  Where do I start? The use of indoor items (mirror, rug) outdoors, and the perfect balance and harmony in each item used. Rustic next to Delicate, Two different types of Natural elements underneath an expertly made Trumeau mirror that has that perfect pop of colour. 


VACATION PHOTOS TAKEN BY A FAMILY MEMBER


Does it count that it's a family member by marriage? My husbands cousin Sam took these photos while traveling through the Panama Canal. I think they are STUNNING.


Inspiration taken from here:  You can't beat nature when it comes to balance in colour and harmony in composition. Seriously.


A UNIVERSITY'S LIBRARY


Even if it IS on-line. And so goes it for the Graphic Arts Collection from the
Princeton University Library, which is offered by Princeton's Blog Service and viewable on-line. These books are gorgeous on my computer, can you even imagine what they must look like in person? I can almost see the print on the reverse of the paper. Which gives me  a hint of the paper's texture. And I'm a sucker for plates and prints, and these colours were probably applied by hand.

Inspiration taken from here: I need to visit my local University's library. Enrich my brain. It needs it.


AND YES.

I SAID IT.

... THE CAR DEALERSHIP'S BATHROOM.


Who would expect such a gorgeous, modern and striking floral arrangement to be in the bathroom of the repair center of my car's dealership? I thought it was just perfect in it's design, monochromatic colours, and use of different textures. 

Inspiration taken from here: When I see something pretty, take a snapshot of it. Next time I am at the grocery store in the flower section, maybe I can try and re-create this or just use it for ideas and make it my own.

DOESN'T IT MAKE YOU STOP AND THINK - OF WHAT YOU SAW TODAY IN THE MOST RANDOM OF PLACES THAT WAS INSPIRATIONAL? 

AESTHETICALLY 
OR INSPIRATIONAL ON A HIGHER LEVEL?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...