DALLAS HOMES: ENTRYWAYS

Well, yesterday we wrote about GREAT Dallas Design, and in particular Dallas Homes and their Living Rooms (read here).
And I had so much fun looking at all the wonderful homes featured in our DHome Magazine  that I couldn't just leave it at Living Rooms, I had to share more of our local talent and good taste makers, and today it is going back to the beginning.... when you first walk into a home, and all your first impressions are made... the ENTRYWAY.




Photography by Stephen Karlisch
Lovely! I've used this same style of Capiz Chandeliers in a beach house's entrance, but I have always thought that it works anywhere, not necessarily limited to the coast. The only thing I would change is the artwork, but that is just my personal opinion, and with art it should be that way: Personal taste.




Photography by Manny Rodriguez



Photography by Aimee Herring
The entrance to an apartment in Dallas is gleaming with Macassar Ebony paneling installed by Nicky Oates, a prominent builder and remodeling business in Dallas. This whole space has such an Art Deco feeling to it, with the French 1930's console, Table lamps from Jan Showers, and a French Chandelier from John Gregory. I can only imagine if Hercule Poirot were alive today, and living in Dallas instead of Whitehaven Mansions, his entrance would look like this. Can't you imagine Miss Lemon answering that door?




Photography by Stephen Karlisch
I am not usually a fan of faux finishes in the home anymore, but this is a classic application that I have ALWAYS loved. The Eliot Hotel in Boston had these in their lobby, and the walls in this home's entrance are done with the same finish: Stone. Gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...