Autumn's Here

I smell it in the air. And while at Marburger Farms, I saw signs of it there too. Kind Of.....

A field mouse with his bounty
A lunar moth showing off his perfect wings
Fairytale mushrooms sprouting everywhere

But wait.....
It looks like this bird is inside⁉

Well, that's because it is!

While at Marburger Farms Antique Show, I saw a sculpture which truly made my jaw drop. Texas artist, jeweler and antique dealer Polly Hitt took an antique English bamboo chair and transformed it into a "whimsical miniature fantasy scene" complete with foraging animals and wild mushrooms. I have never seen anything like it before.

The little mouse takes center stage....

But you must get closer to really appreciate the details in this storybook scene.

Clumps of dried mushrooms sprouting from withered branches....

A bird's nest holding delicate eggs amist moss, bark, even feathers....

And a simple preserved rose with a fallen petal in the perfect hue.

And Hitt didn't skip any details when decorating the back of the chair. I couldn't see the original chair under the bark and twigs anywhere. 

A close up view of the back of the chair.
Isn't this chair the most amazing work of art? Thanks again to Polly Hitt from Special Effects Antiques and Design who let us delight in her most original creation!

*just a disclaimer to put out there, because I know I'm gonna get the comments, so I have to say that I do not know how the moth, bird and mouse died, or how old they are. They could be from victorian times, or they could of been found as is. Living in Texas you tend to find deceased animals that passed away from natural causes ALL the time, especially in the farm fields. Maybe the mouse ate a bad piece of cheese? IJS
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...