Lemons, Limes, and Foo Dogs


I have these big Foo-Dogs that I bought at Z Gallerie a few years ago. Z Gallerie is a great source for inexpensive decorating accessories. I often go there to look for fun pieces to set a table with. That's what I had in mind when I saw these Foo-Dogs there. And when I hosted a party recently, I decided to pull them out and use them. 


I had also found these white candle holders and green scentless candles there at the same time. That was all I needed to set my colour scheme. It would be green & white. So I bought a few potted hydrangeas, ivy, azaleas as well as some cut orchids and lilac. I added the quartz votives that I always have on my dining room table and that was it. But it wasn't. It needed a splash of colour. Hence the lemons and limes. Fruit is the cheapest way to add colour and texture to an arrangement. When the bar was running low on lemons, I just grabbed one from the centerpiece and told them to use it. How easy is that? 

It looked even prettier with the candles lit. 


The best part about this party? All the food and drink was donated (it was a school fundraiser appreciation party) and I didn't have to do a thing but clean beforehand and enjoy it during! Now that's a good night!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...