INSPIRATIONS & UPDATES

1930's Bathroom in Lakewood, Dallas (via here)

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been on Blogger.... 
I hope I remember how to do a post and all! Things have been (thankfully) winding down a bit... and I am looking forward to being able to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard; hand to mouse) and write again about things that I find inspiring and interesting. 


I have WAY too many images and folders on my desktop, already sorted out over the years with images I have been holding on to (I think It says I have 47,582 pictures on my office computer? THAT'S NOT DAUNTING~!!)


DIGGIN THESE DECO/MASCULINE 'WING' CHAIRS BY MOKUM'S NEW MODERNE COLLECTION


I have some things I want to share but thought I'd start by going through some things I've held onto that I liked, such as interior inspiration images for now. Over the Christmas break I had a -- "moment" -- where I took it ALL DOWN (Curtains, art work) ..... and then took it ALL OUT (read: furniture) and now I am wondering WHAT HAVE I DONE. 

I had these in my garage... I took off the pink moiré upholstery and just painted it a flat black enamel. I have NO idea what I'm going to do with them next. But I'm going to use them! I like the shape. Found them at an estate sale.


My house is a WRECK. But it was a catalyst. I needed a change. I needed to get out the smelly rugs that my dog has decided looks like an outdoor loo and have also found that my tastes have changed a bit. 

Manuel Canovas 2011
Jewelry & Home goods from Neiman Marcus 
Mongolian lamb pillows from West Elm. These are INCREDIBLY SOFT! Purchased more - one for everyone in the family!

The more cluttered my life becomes, the less "stuff" I want around me. 

Dallas home via here.

And hence, the "Spring Cleaning" (of the decade) commences....

If only I could do the same to my Desktop Photo File..... 


So I thought I'd share some pictures I've saved.... It'll be interesting to see if I am really able to "de-clutter" based on my inspirations I'm feeling!

Via Horchow at Home
I snapped this photo at the Wisteria Outlet. I have always loved these Dynasty paintings. 





And this one I took while at George Cameron Nash showroom in the Design Center. I like how this one is soft and floating in acrylic. I had forgotten our store CURIO had some already and WAY cheaper too! *(they're not up yet, but email if you want a sneak peak). This started my direction for my formal living room.... Asian + CASUAL 

I like the soft celadon tones of this vignette from GUMPS
But with a little texture and black and red pops like this dining room in Dallas, via here.

And I'm using stuff I already have! Like these Calligraphy brushes. I have the ones above from Wisteria, mixed in with some antique ones I found at a Consignment Store in Newport Beach, CA.

Bedroom from the San Francisco Decorator ShowHouse, 2010
I KNOW THOUGH that I want to have some space (read: clean area/ no Lego's), and ...

Interior by Katidid
I am in the mood for Global Decor
-- Tribal, African, Asian.... such a departure from the English/ Continental look I usually gravitate towards. How to mix it all in together though....

Living space from the San Francisco Decorator ShowHouse, 2010
AND I want to keep it interesting. Textures, patterns, modern, antique... but do it different than I usually do.

The only rooms I've kind of gotten done is my boys rooms. I had some easy inspirations, via my email's inbox courtesy of West Elm. I am taking out their custom beds & bedding and am simplifying and accountifying ( I just made that word up, but I like it. Kinda the newer version of RECESSIONISTA) 


I pulled together my favorite rooms/looks by them and made inspiration boards with them, to see it all together. I ended up getting the jute headboard, shown above, but lower height...


I immediately decided I wanted a mixture of patterns... maybe batik or hand-blocked. I decided I also wanted vintage Kantha quilts, which I found on One Kings Lane in the perfect TEXAS  Longhorn colors for one of my sons. Threw in bedding & a pillow from West Elm and a burnt orange Mongolian Lamb pillow from Overstock and cleaned it up. THAT took FOREVER. HOW do kids gather so much "stuff"? I felt like I JUST did this!


I have found also that I am liking more color in my surroundings. I wear lots of color so that makes sense ....

Trina Turk Caftan

BUT I FIND I KEEP COMING BACK TO THE SAME 'LIKES' ...

Southern Accents 2008
Home of Gruoisi
BUT, THAT'S OKAY!

Interior by Richard Hallberg

I'M STILL GETTING INSPIRED TO "DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT"

I always get inspired for color when I visit the Wisteria outlet here. I picked up this alabaster tear-shaped plate last time I was there. Also picked up the reminder to use textiles that might normally be for the bed or floor on the dining table (of course CLEAN FIRST!)



I was so inspired when I saw the new line of Martyn Lawrence Bullard's new fabric line this past Spring at the Schumacher Showroom in the Dallas Design District. Aren't the above four images so awesome? Wish cell phones had higher res cameras. 

MIX IT UP A LITTLE BIT but STAY TRUE TO MYSELF

Madame Inès de la Fressange in Paris;  Design: Poltrona Frau R. & D.

KEEP IT TIMELESS



Nothing fancy, just simple furniture & flooring selections that I took quick pics of before leaving the Schumacher Showroom. All clean & classic pieces though. 
Seen while shopping at THE MEWS in Dallas

KEEP IT COMFORTABLE

Szubinski family home

Above 2 images taken while browsing White Elephant Antique Warehouse, Dallas 

KEEP IT YOUNG, KEEP IT FUN




ABOVE 4 IMAGES taken while browsing THE MEWS in Dallas. Love the way the dealer framed a gun holster!
Old pictures on an antique mattress springs @ White Elephant, Dallas

Above 2 pics taken while at Walter Lee Culp Showroom
KEEP IT ME!!

Above: Strolling through George Cameron Nash

Neoclassical styled bookends from Paris Hotel Boutique


Above 3 images taken while strolling through Nick Brock Antiques, Dallas

Above 2 pictures taken while visiting Walter Lee Culp Showroom

AND IF ONE PICTURE ALONE COULD SUM UP MY PERSONAL STYLE, THIS ONE BELOW JUST MAY BE IT!

J'ADORE!!!
 (taken with my cell phone while shopping THE MEWS in Dallas)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...