CHICKEN IN LEMON + CREAM


image via

When I first got married, one of my bridal showers was a 'Kitchen Shower', and every person came with their favourite recipe. I LOVED this because there is nothing like recipes that people think is their best - it usually is delicious, and people were kind in giving me ones that were not complicated for a 'new wife -to be'.

One of my faves was this simple chicken dish, conveniently made for two. Of course you could double or triple it, but it is DELICIOUS AND EASY PLEASY. And what better way to take advantage of Summer's large and tart lemons, right?



image: Larsen & Talbert/Getty Images

CHICKEN IN LEMON + CREAM
from Mrs. D in Ft. Worth, Texas, 1999.


2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 T butter
2 T white wine (I do not like it with 'cooking wine', tastes too vinegary - use real wine)
2 t grated lemon zest
2 T lemon juice (I buy the already made lemon juice instead of squeezing it, but you could use the lemon that you get the zest from)
½ C heavy cream
grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:
Salt and pepper the chicken breasts and pound them thin.  Sauté 5-8 minutes, turning once (use 2 T of the butter to sauté them in).
Place chicken in baking dish. Combine wine, lemon zest, lemon juice in a saucepan and cook 1 minute.  
Add cream slowly and stir. Pour over chicken. Put a pat of butter on each breast (I use smaller than a T on each breast). 
Cover chicken breasts with Parmesan cheese to taste. Brown under broiler for 15-20 minutes and serve (Or you can cook at 400℉ for 15 minutes). 

image via
It is nice to make some extra cream sauce. You can serve this as a main course with anything! Pasta or vegetables are great with it. It is easy and looks very pretty. Of course if you thinly slice a lemon slice and cut to twist it, you could garnish each breast with this and a piece of parsley or sage to impress your loved one or guest.... or impress yourself. 
When I cook ANYTHING... pancakes, spaghetti, eggs, I tend to impress myself. Ha.


ENJOY! BON APPÉTIT!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...